Children’s Book Week Bookmark Contest Winner: Ava (in the 3-5 Grade Division) designed the best bookmark, which will be professionally printed and distributed to students in local schools. Kids had to design a bookmark to promote the library’s summer reading club theme, “Have Book–Will Travel!” Click here to see all of the winning bookmarks.
Rubber Duckies & Slime: Man didn’t invent polymers, but they’re all around us. From rubber to slime, polymers are important. Eureka Discoveries will show you the scientific way to make a “superball” from liquid chemicals and will create “monster drool” used in horror movies. All ages are invited on Thursday, 6/27 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Check Out A Museum! History and culture that excite and inspire, gardens that engage and soothe, hands-on discovery that educates and entertains – all of these and more are waiting for you! Check out museumadventure.org for a full list of participating museums and pass details.
ONGOING PROGRAMS FROM A TO Z
- Hooked on Yarn teaches kids in 4th through 8th grades to crochet. Thursday, 6/20 from 3:30-4:30. Click here to register.
- Chess Night is for all ages and skill levels. Wednesday, 6/26 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
FOR KIDS IN K-4TH GRADES
- The Magic Tree House Book Group: Join Jack and Annie in their adventures around the world. It doesn’t matter if you’ve already read any of the books or are just starting the series. Each week, we’ll select a book to discuss. Come to one session or all of them. Wednesdays from 1:30-2:30 p.m. on 6/19 and 6/26.
- Have Book–Will Travel Summer Reading Club: Kids from birth through 4th grades can pick up a passport at the Youth Services Travel Agency. Collect stamps for reading and activities every week to earn prizes between 6/15 and 7/27.
FOR KIDS IN K-8TH GRADES
- Guy’s Read: Read awesome books for guys and talk ‘em over with other guys! Hang out, munch on snacks and have fun playing tabletop and video games just for guys. Tuesday, 6/25 from 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Gaming Around the World: Journey to the far reaches of the world through games commonly played in other countries and discover the origins of your favorite games. Create your very own game to enjoy at home on Thursday, 6/20 from 2:00-3:30 p.m.
Storytimes: Get your child ready to read in these half-hour sessions with stories, fingerplays and music. Registration is recommended for Infants & Toddlers and Tiny Tyke Time, which are designed for one child and one caregiver. Call 847.872.4680, ext. 5 or register by clicking the link below.
Infants & Toddlers: For kids up to age 3 on Mondays at 6:00PM.
Session I: 6/3 to 6/24. Click to Register.
Session II: 7/15 to 8/5.
Tiny Tyke Time: For kids ages 18 months to 3 years on Tuesdays at 10:30AM.
Session I: 6/4 to 6/25. Click to Register.
Session II: 7/16 to 8/6.
Stories and More: For kids ages 3 to 6 on Mondays at 10:30AM, Tuesdays at 9:30AM and Thursdays at 6:30PM.
Session I: 6/3 to 6/27.
Session II: 7/15 to 8/8.
More Fun for Little Ones:
- Truck Adventure: Bring your truck for some big-wheeled fun filled with action, noise, music and treats on Saturday, 6/22 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Click to Register.